Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hopefully Manny's just trying to light a fire under Bonifacio

Chico from the Post reports that there could be a position battle between Bonifacio and Anderson Hernandez next spring. I don't like it. I can understand the basic reasoning-Hernandez HAS outplayed Bonifacio lately. But it's a ridiculously small sample size. Sure, Hernandez is hitting .340/.417/.358 right now...in 53 at bats!! He hit .203/.262/.307 this year in AAA...in 479 at bats!! I say it's still Emilio's starting job to lose, but I can see the Nats continuing to spell him with Hernandez when we're facing lefties.

On a side note-I'd like to apologize for the lack of posts lately. I'm working to remove some malware from my computer. Some times the only process I'm running on my computer is anti-virus. Other times it's just too slow to do anything (that's why this post is not 100% developed...don't worry, I know). I'll continue to read and comment on everyone else's blogs, just don't expect a whole lot on my part for the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I can very easily see them both coming back. The ability to platoon intelligently could keep the Nats in a lot of ballgames next season where they'd otherwise not stand much of a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your questions and/or comments here and I'll get back to you ASAP!