Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Whatever Wednesday

I realized last night that I missed week 2 of Whatever Wednesday/Tumbleweed Thursday last week. Then I realized how bad I am with having series on my blog (Unsubstantiated Trade Rumor of the Week anyone?). I'll try my best to do this every week, because it's kinda fun to do this...especially considering I spent the last two hours moving my whole life into my dorm room. So without further ado, I present to you Whatever Wednesday!

Baseball Links of the Day
My roommate really enjoys this game. I'm still getting the hang of it (and haven't had a mouse to use since I'm on my laptop), but it looks like fun to me. You have to throw a perfect game, in case you couldn't figure that out.

Here's another fun one: Batting Stance Guy. Nothing fancy here, just a guy in jorts with a baseball bat standing in front of a camera. But then his cameraman shouts out "Andre Dawson" and he jumps into The Hawk's batting stance. The Nats/Expos episode (I guess they're called episodes?) only includes Zimmerman and Guz from the current lineup, but it's still worth a look.

Jason Bergmann could be the first baseball player ever (with 30 or more atbats) to post an OBP of .000.

My last baseball link of the day is something I didn't quite expect out of Brian Oliver of Nats Farm Authority. Instead of paraphrasing, I'll just quote part of it:
This is has been something that I have been thinking about since the signing deadline passed. I’m going to break from the mold that I typically have here where I attempt to be as even-keeled as I can when it comes to the happenings with the Nationals farm system. and leave you to check out the rest.

They need to show a commitment to the farm system if they are going to forgo the present for the future. And, $5 million is simply not enough of a commitment when other teams are out there spending double that.
Hockey Links of the Day
Kenny Gartner (of The Musings of Kenny G) has started up another blog, called "A Capitals Affair." He promises interviews with Chris Clark and Matt Bradley soon, so make sure to watch out for those.

It's also interesting to follow the KHL saga. Basically, the Continental Hockey League is gearing up in Russia and there are rumors that they're going to start trying to draft NHL players under contract. This article says that the KHL is denying that, but when was the last time you trusted a Russian?

Football Links of the Day
Former Virginia Tech jack-of-all-trades Justin Hamilton is fighting for a spot on the Redskins at safety and on special teams. Hamilton played WR, RB and S for the Hokies.

I found this on StumbleUpon and it's kinda cool: a map of where FBS schools are. Pretty self-explanatory there.

Here are some cool videos: "The Greatest Trick Plays in Football." The video of the Boise State plays from the 2007 Fiesta Bowl doesn't work, so here's a separate link to a different video of it.

Curran Update
Since my interview with 2008 Nationals draft pick Chris Curran a few weeks ago, he's still been awesome, hitting .338 (23/68) with 4 2B, 4 3B, 1 HR, 20 R, 11 RBI, 7 BB/12 K and 2/3 SB over 16 games. Glad to see Chris smacking the GCL around. He's looking like a solid prospect.

Last Few Links of the Day
Here are two fun games I found last night on StumbleUpon.

That's all I've got for now. Now on to unpacking and job interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your questions and/or comments here and I'll get back to you ASAP!