Tuesday, July 1, 2008

And now that I've put the angry eyes away

Roundup time!

Pete Orr was sent down to make room for prospect Colin Balester to start tomorrow. It's gotta be bittersweet news for Orr. He'd obviously like to be in the Majors most, but at least he gets to represent Canada in the Olympics later this summer (assuming we don't call him up later on, which might be a poor assumption if Fail-ipe is dealt to the Dark Side).

The Nats made a ton of organizational moves today. As always, NFA is on top of it all. Key points: C/1B Luke Montz promoted to Columbus, 1B Bill Rhinehart promoted to Harrisburg, 1B Andrew Lefave demoted to Potomac, LHP Josh Smoker demoted to GCL. If I were a betting man, I'd wager on Montz being a 40-man addition and a September call-up at the very least this year.

According to Tarik El-Bashir of the Post, the Caps still haven't resigned any of their bunch of free agents. He does go on to point out something I like to hear a lot, though:
Once Huet and Green are re-signed -- some league officials consider this to be a matter of when and not if -- McPhee will turn his attention to re-signing unrestricted free agent Sergei Fedorov and restricted free agents Brooks Laich, Boyd Gordon, Eric Fehr and Shaone Morrisonn.

I like to see "a matter of when and not if," because we need both Huet and Green next year if we want to go further than the first round of the playoffs.

That's all I've got. If anything exciting happens before 6:30 am or so, I'll be on it. If not, I'll be back on for a mid-afternoon update around 4:30 or 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your questions and/or comments here and I'll get back to you ASAP!