Monday, May 4, 2009

2 Nice Wins

The Caps beat the Pens tonight. Nothing here you can't get elsewhere, but it was a pretty fun/difficult game to watch. Ovie and Cindy Crysby both had hat tricks, but Ovie's domination of most of the last 10 minutes was the real story. David Steckel wins the Lunch Pail for mucking up his second playoff goal. I vow to root for Ohio State one time for every goal he scores. So far, I'm pulling for the Buckeyes over Navy and Toledo (I would have cheered for them over USC anyways).

Now on to my niche, the Nats. They had a nice 9-4 win tonight over Houston. Lannan wasn't particularly sharp it looks like, but the Nats got 15 hits and drew 8 walks (and 1 HBP) while Hanrahan and Mock closed the door. Would have liked more than 2 runs off of Brian Moehler, but you take what you can get I guess.

Good day to be a DC sports fan, and we are!

1 comment:

  1. Of course, the Gnats win when I'm not there...the story of my life. Did you see any of the 10-10 tie today? I'm pretty much ready for the sun to come out! And I will continue to Rock the Red. This Caps team reminds me of the '88 guys...awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your questions and/or comments here and I'll get back to you ASAP!