Wednesday, August 20, 2008

John Challis, an inspiration for all of us

Just as I was about to hit the sack (aka my friend Steve's couch), I looked up at the TV. Linda Cohn was rattling off the NL East standings, but then looked down at her papers and her expression suddenly changed. Cohn then announced the death of John Challis, an 18-year-old who spent the last 2 years fighting liver cancer.

If you're interested in John and his inspirational story, here are some links for you:
Original ESPN Story (with video)
Original foundation story
ESPN Video Obituary

Here is video of the original story:


The last link I have is to the John Challis Courage for Life Foundation, which you can visit here. Rest in peace, John. You have inspired many of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your questions and/or comments here and I'll get back to you ASAP!