Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm no French major

"'The Americans? We’re going to smash them. That’s what we came here for,' [French swimmer Alain] Bernard said."

Then the U.S. Men's 4x100 freestyle relay team, led by Jason Lezak (NOT Michael Phelps!) broke the world record by more than 4 seconds and beat the French dirtbags to win gold.

So I need a little bit of help from the French majors (or anyone who can use an online translation device). How do you say "loser" in French? How about "second place?," or even "karma?"

Since I am a history major, I do feel confident in adding Bernard and his relay mates to a very long list of French people who have failed throughout history.



Yes, that IS necessary. USA ALL THE WAY!

Edit-Here's a link with the video of the race

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your questions and/or comments here and I'll get back to you ASAP!