Thursday, October 15, 2009

Catching Up

If it seems to you like all of my posts these days are about "catching up" and inboxes, you are correct. As much as I'd like to implement a blog-first, school-second priority scale, I can't. But what I can do is give you this week's inbox and some other goodies!

Do you see the Nationals bringing in another bat this offseason? And who might be the fit at the position?
-- Justin L., Washington

I doubt it. The only field positions I really see the Nats adding players at are middle infield and catcher, and I expect them to pick up defensive-minded players at both positions.

If you think the Nationals are one or two years away from having a winning season, you are a fool. Who do they have in the Minor Leagues that could step up and play in the Majors?
-- Nguyen B., Washington

Here's a list of 7 rookies who can potentially make a big impression in the Majors this year:

1-Stephen Strasburg, RHP

2-Drew Storen, RHP

3-Ian Desmond, SS

4-Justin Maxwell, OF

5-Bradley Meyers, RHP

6-Clint Everts, RHP

7-Chris Marrero-1B (only if he sets the world on fire during spring training, and even so he would likely not be up until at least the All Star Break).

Which players are guaranteed to start for the Nationals next year?
-- Rich R., Slingerlands, N.Y.

Dunn, Morgan, Willingham and Zimmerman are the only 4 I can see being guaranteed spots.

Do you think the Nationals should pursue Mets catcher Brian Schneider?
-- Gloria L., Washington

Absolutely. The Nats haven't had a consistently good defensive catcher since he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your questions and/or comments here and I'll get back to you ASAP!